If you have been charged with a crime, you want an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer to protect your constitutional rights. The criminal justice system has its own set of rules, which are confusing and intimidating. It is important to contact a law firm with courtroom experience and the know-how to protect their clients charged with felonies or misdemeanors.
At The Mims Firm, P.C., we have protected the rights of individuals charged with criminal offenses in south Alabama since 1985. Whether it is a DUI, alleged child abuse or another serious criminal charge, we will work to protect your rights and your future.
The hallmark of our practice is our commitment to personal service and attention. We work hard to provide a friendly and accessible environment for our clients while aggressively protecting your rights in court. As a result, many of our new cases come from former or existing clients.
Our Criminal Defense Practice
We aggressively defend people charged with felonies and misdemeanors in state court in Alabama. We can work with you to establish a defense against the following offenses:
- Traffic offenses — speeding tickets, reckless driving, failure to use due caution, driving without a license or without insurance, driving on a suspended or revoked license
- Drunk driving offenses — driving under the influence (DUI), DUI per se, chemical test refusals
- White collar crimes — fraud, misrepresentation, embezzlement, forgery, misconduct
- Drug offenses — possession, possession with intent to deliver, sale, trafficking, distribution, manufacturing, cultivation
- Sex crimes — criminal sexual conduct, rape, sexual assault
We have resolved hundreds of DUI cases, including first-time and multiple offenders. We will represent you in the administrative hearing and during any criminal proceeding that may ensue.
Our objective will always be to find a way to help you keep your license. If this can be accomplished by negotiating a plea bargain, we will do so. If not, we will take the DUI case to trial and fight to keep a conviction off your record.
Sex Crimes Defense
Our defense lawyers have broad experience defending clients facing sex crime charges. These are some of the most serious and most challenging cases to win. Our attorneys provide discrete, nonjudgmental advice to help mitigate the potential consequences from these allegations.
Contact The Mims Firm, P.C.
To schedule an appointment for an initial consultation in our Mobile office, contact us by email or call our office at 251-272-3761 or toll free at 866-748-2962. We can come to you if you are unable to travel to our office.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.