L. Daniel Mims is the founder of The Mims Firm, PC. Mr. Mims was born in Mobile, Alabama. Mr. Mims advises and represents a broad range of clients with multiple legal issues. His clients include businesses, corporations, and individuals.
Mr. Mims earned his Juris Doctor from Cumberland School of Law, where he served on the Trial Advocacy Board and won the James O. Haley Federal Court Competition. He received his undergraduate degree from Troy State University, where he served as Clerk for the Student Government Association. At Troy, he studied American History, Political Science, and Business Administration.
Currently, Mr. Mims is the Municipal Court Judge in Bayou La Batre, Alabama. He is also the Prosecutor for the City of Citronelle, Alabama, Municipal Prosecutor for the City of Satsuma, Alabama, and City Attorney for the City of Creola, Alabama. He serves as Director of the Parkway Senior Citizens Foundation.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Termite Litigation
- Tort Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Advice & Litigation
- Domestic Relations-Divorce & Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Probate Law-Litigation/Wills
- General Civil Litigation
- Alabama, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 1999
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. - 1985
Troy State University, Troy, Alabama
- B.S. - 1982
- Honors: Clerk, Student Government Association
- Major: American History
- Major: Political Science
- Major: Business Administration
- Mobile County Revenue Commissioner, City of Citronelle, Alabama
- SJ & L, Inc. (General Contractors)
- Springhill Memorial Hospital, AEA Network Attorney
- Municipal Prosecutor, City of Citronelle, AL
- Municipal Judge, City of Bayou La Batre, AL
- Mobile County, Alabama
- National Auto Sales, Inc.
- Exsoltec, Inc.
- Andrews Hardware, Inc.
- Dauphin Island Park and Beach Board, Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Alabama Association for Justice
- Alabama Bar Association
- Mobile Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers Program (Mobile Bar Association)
- Parkway Senior Citizens Foundation, Director
- Mobile Baptist Association, Director