Family Law

Since 1985, the law office of The Mims Firm, P.C., has aggressively advocated for individuals in Mobile County, Clarke County and throughout southern Alabama in the full spectrum of family law matters.

Whether you face child custody and other challenges posed by a divorce, or you are confronting post-divorce issues such as modification or termination of existing orders, you can count on our attorneys to place a high premium on your needs and the interests of your children. We strive to provide a friendly and accessible environment while aggressively protecting your interests in negotiation or in court.

We represent clients in all areas of family law, including:

  • Divorce — Our Mobile divorce attorneys understand the complexity of the immediate and long-term decisions made in the divorce process. We aggressively assert the interests of clients as we pursue their goals in divorce-related issues, such as property division, child custody determinations, child and spousal support and other matters.
  • Child custody — Child custody and parenting issues (visitation) are never easy on the parents or children. We strive to achieve child custody solutions that serve our clients' objectives and are in the best interests of the children in each case. In an attempt to minimize the emotional impact of divorce or separation on the children, we encourage open, respectful and amicable solutions through negotiation when possible. However, we have the experience and skill to aggressively protect our clients' interests in custody proceedings in court, when necessary.
  • Modification of custody and support — As children grow older, as parental employment status changes or as other unique circumstances arise, the existing child custody or support orders may no longer suit the needs of the parents or the children. We can help you determine if you are eligible to seek a modification, or help you identify a strategy to challenge the other parent's request for a modification.
  • Termination of child support and alimony — It is important to understand that every child has a right to be financially supported by both parents. When parents are divorced or separated, this obligation is fulfilled through child support payments. However, if your child is no longer a minor, it may be possible to seek a termination of child support. Likewise, if your ex-spouse has remarried or rehabilitated financially, it may be possible to terminate spousal support/alimony. If you believe circumstances have changed that warrant a termination of child support or alimony, our experienced family law attorneys can review your situation, explain the factors considered by the court and enable you to make informed decisions about your case.

Contact Our Mobile Divorce Lawyers for Legal Help in South Alabama

To arrange an initial consultation, contact us online or call 251-272-3761 (toll free at 866-748-2962). We are located in the historic section of Mobile. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted.